Nikfar Khaleeli The latest release of AppCentral, our first since AppCen... continue reading
AppCentral Announces Updates to Enterprise App Store PlatformSeptember 10, 2012
New release introduces policy-based app updates, additional security controls and easier app manageability
SAN FRANCISCO, California – Sep 10, 2012 – AppCentral®, the leading mobile application management provider, today announced AppCentral 2.6, an update to its multi-platform technology, enabling greater mobility throughout the enterprise. Based on its cornerstone solution for managing proprietary mobile applications on any Apple iOS, Google Android or RIM BlackBerry device, the latest version of AppCentral includes important security and management updates.
“The enterprise mobile application market continues to be a rapidly growing area in the mobile application market,” said John Dasher, Vice President of Products and Marketing, AppCentral. “Companies that develop mobile apps are recognizing that faster access to critical business information can create a more agile enterprise that makes more informed decisions. AppCentral 2.6 delivers on this promise of enterprise mobility by enabling pressing enterprise needs – security, scalability, and manageability.”
AppCentral’s mobile application management solution provides customers a cloud-based, custom-branded enterprise app storefront and management console for distributing, controlling, and managing proprietary apps across multiple devices and platforms. Benefits specific to AppCentral 2.6 include:
- Policy-Based App Updates: Administrators are now able to enforce mandatory application updates using a variety of policy-based controls to ensure users remain current and in compliance with corporate policies.
- Cut/Copy Security Policy: If necessary, the cut/copy functions for AppGuardian-protected apps can be disabled, ensuring that proprietary information remains secure.
- Administrative Dashboard: A snapshot of key metrics displays an up-to-date status summary of all activities at a glance, giving administrators easy access to relevant application statistics.
“AppCentral offers the most comprehensive solution for managing our entire mobile app strategy,” said Gabriel Weiss, Head of Interactive Marketing Technologies, Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating. “With AppCentral, we’ve been able to outfit our business channel partners with the tools they need to be more productive on the mobile device that they use – without compromising security, control or our product data.”
AppCentral’s latest platform is available immediately. New users can try AppCentral at no-charge for a 30-day evaluation period. Please visit http://www.appcental.com/trial to register.
- For more insight on mobile application management, visit AppCentral’s blog.
- Follow AppCentral on Twitter for updates on enterprise mobility news.
AppCentral® makes it easy for enterprises to distribute, secure and manage the mobile apps that are driving new levels of productivity. Through a cloud-based, customized app storefront, AppCentral makes mobile apps and data instantly available to authorized members of the extended enterprise – employees, contractors, and ecosystem partners – even on devices beyond enterprise control. By focusing on apps and data, not the device, you exercise both content and brand control, effortlessly updating, tracking, and reporting on content. Learn more at www.appcentral.com.
Fitzgerald Barth for AppCentral